Master of Science
Master of Science students are required to have the following to meet the University of Florida College of Pharmacy computer requirements:
Recommended Hardware Minimum
- High-speed, hard wired internet access
- Laptop or Desktop Computer
- Intel i3, i5, i7 processor or AMD equivalent
- 4 GB RAM
- 80Gb Hard Drive
- CD or DVD drive
- USB port(s)
- Sound card
- Microphone Headset (see below)
- 1024 by 768 resolution screen
Additional software may be required for individual classes.
- Microsoft Office 2013 or greater (Microsoft Office 365 is free for UF Students)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Any update-to-date AntiVirus Software – UF recommends Microsoft Security Essentials or Avast for Macintosh
- Firewall or Equivalent (this is built into Windows and Apple OS)
- Anti-Malware software
A broadband internet connection, defined as Cable Modem, DSL, or Satellite, is required for all students including distance education.
|Operating System||Recommended Edition|
|Windows 7||Keep Windows updated and patched.|
|Windows 8/8.1||Keep Windows updated and patched.|
|Windows 10||Keep Windows updated and patched.|
|Mac OS X||Keep OS X updated and patched.|
A combined microphone (typically 3.55 mm plugs or USB) and speaker headset is required for personal use and in online settings. Quality, reliable headsets can be purchased at Best Buy or similar retailer for approximately $20-$30.
NOTE: We advise against using separate microphones and built-in computer speakers as the sound from computer speakers can be picked up from the microphone and cause feedback and distortions affecting other participants.